Monday, June 18, 2012

Player - Coming Soon!



If you follow my face book page, you probably know that I've been working on a revision of a book I wrote in high school.  It was originally titled "Playboy", but since lingo has changed a lot since the nineties, I decided to change it to Player. Revamping the story got me thinking about the old days, so I pulled out some old photos, including this prom picture! The guy in the picture is my friend George. Its been almost twenty years, and he's still one of my very best friends. He was also the inspiration for the main character in Player.  Here is a little summary to give you an idea of what the story is about.

Joshua Handover had it all. He was handsome, rich, athletic, and had always been popular with the ladies. Yet, until he gets paired up with his beautiful but shy lab partner, Rosa, he never allowed himself to fall in love. As the chemistry between them grows, Josh realizes that his player days have come to end. But it seems his change of heart has come too late. Not only is Rosa leery of his bad boy reputation, he has four vindictive ex-girlfriends who are on a rampage. At first he doesn’t take their threats seriously, but then his tires are slashed, someone tries to poison him, and one of the girls turns up dead. Josh doesn’t know who to trust, but one thing is certain. It definitely isn’t worth the price he’s paying to be a player.


I am just finishing up the final revision and waiting to see which publisher to submit this book too.  Don't worry, I updated it quite a bit and its pretty modern now. One way or another, I imagine that  this book will be on virtual shelves sometime in the next year.   In the meantime, reminiscence about the nineties with me and listen to "The Freshman" by The Verve Pipe. If I had to pick a theme song for "Player", this would be it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment