Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sweetening things up…with honey - Guest Post by Stephanie J Grace



My writing tag line is “Stephanie J Grace, sweetening things up.” I like most things in my life sweet. Coffee, pastries, barbeque sauce—some things are simply better when they tickle my sweet tooth.
With three little kids, along with my thighs and tummy I don’t want getting any bigger, I have to mindful of how I satisfy my sweet cravings. I mean, I love a sweet romance story as much as the next girl, which is why I write them, but sometimes…sometimes I need a bite of something yummy. One of my favorite sweeteners, and my kids’ too (when they were old enough) is honey. It’s versatile, relatively inexpensive and a little bit goes a long way.

I’ll share a few of my uses for honey, and I hope you will as well. As part of my stop here (thanks so much for having me, New Age Mama) I’ll be giving away a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card and goody bag. Please sign up and be sure to leave a favorite honey recipe as well. I can always use more ideas!!

P-double B- and H
A classic peanut butter sandwich (I prefer white bread and smooth peanut butter if I’m going to indulge in this one) with slices of banana, drizzled with honey. It’s sticky, sweet and not the worst thing in the world as far as calories and dietary needs go.

Honey chicken

When chicken breasts are on sale, I buy a bunch, but they aren’t the most flavorful things ever. I chop them up into strips and marinate them in citrus something or other (very exact cooking science at my house) and after I sauté them in olive oil, I drizzle in honey just until the pieces are coated and serve with brown rice and veggies. 

And for dessert

One word: Baklava.
It’s so darn good! I make it maybe every other year because it’s so time consuming, but I love it. The National Honey Association has a great baklava recipe on its website along with tons of other honey treats.

All the best in sweetening up your plates,
Stephanie J Grace



 During high school, Warren was just Wendy’s youth pastor. All grown up and shepherding over her own flock of church kids, Wendy Miller turns to her old friend for help. Not that Warren is that old. In fact, the two have a lot more in common than Wendy would have ever thought.

After the death of his wife, Warren was sure he was finished with relationships. Wendy changes that forgone conclusion with her bright spirit and zest for life. Lining up their desires when they’re at very different points in their lives proves a challenge that might take a little divine intervention, or at least help from friends.

You can find Felines & Flowers on Amazon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment